Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review: Obsidian

*thank goodness for NetGalley - if it weren't for it, I'd have to wait till Dec 6th to read this one*

Goodreads blurb: 

Starting over sucks. 

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 

And then he opened his mouth. 

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Perosonal opinion:

Seriously?
This just happened?
Daa-yum.
Okay, after reading first Daimon, then Half-Blood and now Obsidian, I can absolutely certainly say that Miss Jennifer L. Armentrout is a freakin genious!!
Obsidian is a fresh story, nothing like I've read before, filled with humor, butt-kicking, and hawt boys (well there's only one that mattered to me ;) ) and, mostly, it was a fun rollercoaster.
Ups, downs, more ups, more downs… this novel has action, which trough the second half of the novel becomes more and more present, and more dangerous and more exciting.
But, the thing I wanted to ramble about here is DAEMON. Come on, say it with me – Daemon.
A.K.A. total- uber- ultra- damn- hot- bad boy Daemon. That boy spells trouble with a capital T.
He was frustrating, rude, cocky, cold, hot, adorable, sexy. Perfect.
You could say he's a bad boy just like others, but you'd be wrong. Because he's not only a complete ass in the beginning, but stays like that the whole novel ;) But trust me, you want him to be your neighbor.

Next one up is the main character, Katy. 
4 reasons I loved her:
1.) Her snarkiness.
2.) She's bold (the cafeteria scene, anyone ;)?)
3.) She showed Daemon he's not the only one in charge
4.) She's a book-blogger - I mean, how awesome is that? She does Waiting On Wednesday, In My Mailbox,  gets comments on her reviews etc. And it's instantly easier to relate to her :D

To sum up, pick Obsidian up as soon as it's out!
Huuge shining 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a comment! *sends sparkles*