Friday, September 23, 2011

Special quadruple review: The Iron Fey Series

Well hello there! Long time no write. Anyway, today I have a special treat for you. It is a review - but not just one review, or double, nor even triple review. But quadruple . That's right. I am reviewing the whole, entire The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. The reason why I don't have a single review for each book is because I feel I can exprerss my opinion better like this. So, let's start.

Book 1:
The Iron King

Book 2:
The Iron Daughter

Book 3:
The Iron Queen

Book 4:
The Iron Knight


REVIEW:

Oh my.
That's the reaction I had after finishing this series. It was seriously brilliant.

The story follows the life of Meghan Chase, a 16-year-old (in the first book, at least) girl who leads a pretty typical life.

All until.

All until Meghan finds out that her best friend is actually Puck, yes, The Puck, her brother gets kidnapped by faeries, and everything falls apart.
But then Ash comes along. Along with ooh-s and ahh-s (from me, that is).
I'm getting off the subject. Anyway, this series is fun, fast-paced, but like seriously, one trouble after another, but it works out great! Also, the characters are well defined, some very loveable, some not-so-much. But all of them you just get, know what I mean?
Also, this series is filled with snarky lines - mostly from the hillarious Puck, who we love ;) Don't get me wrong, I'm Team Ash and all, but hey- you gotta give credits to Puck!

Then, Julie Kagawa just has a way of pulling you into the story in a way that you forget about the enemy at the beggining and then at the end, when the enemy reappears, you are left with a big OH. (again, at least that was me)

Next thing - romance. It was oh-so-sweet. Really. :)

Also, the first three books are written from Meghan's POV. And I really liked her as a protagonist, she was fierce, did looots of risky things to save her brother, and really grew to a brave leader.
So, originally, The Iron Fey was supposed to be a trilogy, but since book 3 ended up so mean- what a cliffy, really- Julie wrote a fourth book. Which hadn't come out yet, it will in October, but I read an e-ARC from NetGalley (thanks NetGalley!)

The Iron Knight is written from Ash's POV and it follows him on his journey. I really can't say much due to the spoilers, but I can say that this book was INTENSE.
It took a while to get used to Ash's POV, since I read the books back-to-back, but once in, you can't stop. We learn a lot about Ash, and understand him fully at last. Julie Kagawa completes the story perfectly, and there is sacrifice, love, friendship, and true values of life.
So, there were a few surprises, and at one point I was thinking what the hell until I realized what was happening.
Well, you probably already heard how it all ends, so I'll just say that the ending left me craving for more, but in a way that it was sooo GOOD I
wanted to read more and more.

Definitely one of the best series I've read!!

HUGE 5 stars!

Julie Kagawa's website: http://www.juliekagawa.com/
All The Iron Fey books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/series/47329-iron-fey
Follow Julie on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Jkagawa

You're more than welcome to leave a comment ;)
Hope you liked!
Read on :)

2 comments:

  1. When The Iron Knight comes out I swear I will go ASAP to the bookstore after school and buy it!!!! Can't wait to read it! And I love HEA endings <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this thrilling conclusion to her much loved Iron Fey series, Julie Kagawa has pulled out all the stops. Her magical world and character building continues through to the end. This series is a magical adventure into the land of faeries that I believe will change the way that you think about "faery books." Enter the world of the Iron Fey for the final time:

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a comment! *sends sparkles*