Monday, September 5, 2011

Review: Half-Blood



First, big thank you to Spencer Hill Press and Kate from it for giving me an e-ARC of this novel! I can't thank you enough! :D




Goodreads blurb: 
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

Personal opinion:

This book was incredible. Mark my words. Incredible. And okay, I know a lot of people compare it to Vampire Academy, and I could see why, but Half-Blood totally different!

I must say, this is an action-packed, fun and snarky novel!
Like I said in my Daimon review ( http://tamarasbookramblings.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-review-daimon-by-jennifer-l.html ), Alex is such a great main character, and her one-liners were brilliant!

Then, Aiden. *melts* *melts* *melts*
Still hot, still awesome, still swoon worthy. Still a dream guy.
Ahem, there was one scene... ahem.

Anywaay, the action is this novel was awesome, and the climax at the end was so unexpected and surprising.
Also, there was this scene at the very end that made me cry, but I'm not sure why. It's not a particulary sad or anything scene but it was just sweet and touching. And Jennifer told me on twitter that it was one of the hardest scenes to write, and I can see why, but I can also say that she nailed it and it was really perfect.

Then, there was Seth. I actually thought that he would be a friend or something, but I didn't expect what actually happened in the book. And Seth was cocky and handsome and god like and just... yum. But okay, maybe it's just me. ;)

So, I'm not really sure I can say anything more, since my memory might trick me with some things, so all I will say is that I CANNOT wait for the sequel, Pure, and that this novel will stay one of my favs :D

5 stars

Read on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a comment! *sends sparkles*